Those who are curious never stop asking questions. It is the basis of good empirically validated research. I’ve always been curious about a great many things and this curiosity is why I started doing research in the context of game design, framing theory, and user experience design. I can help you answering though business questions, create scientifically valid methods and organize your research with great care. I assure the quality of the research conducted is of high academic standing and that your business has the information required to increase revenue. In the past, I’ve organized research in the context of education, and for my master thesis, I researched the effects of message framing on attitudes and how framing influences how individuals evaluate argumentations. Some of my research can be read on Academia.edu.
My curiosity was also the main driver for my decision to visit the University of Groningen and achieve my master’s degree, as asking questions and creative thinking skills are very important when conducting academic research. I like to focus on various topics in research, which are framing theory, gaming (user) experience, and synthesizing known knowledge from various social sciences fields like those of economics, information technology, psychology, and sociology. I have published articles and books together with co-writers like economist Edin Mujagić PhD among others.
Published research papers and books
- Dokter (2021) Psychological model of the Gaming experience. Published on Academia.edu
- Dokter (2021) Proposal for a Taxonomy and Conceptual Model of Computer Games. Published on Academia.edu
- Dokter & Mujagic (2021). On the Nature of Bitcoin: a multidimensional approach, p.202. ISBN-13: 979-8702244174. Published on Amazon.com
- Dokter (2019). Experimenteel onderzoek naar de invloed van de competitie tussen bronnen op het Integrative Process Model of Framing. Peer-reviewed by prof.dr. J. Hoeks and prof. dr. G. Redeker. Published on Academia.edu
- Dokter (2019). Self-interest and Altruïsm: Effects of Message Framing on Attitudes, Intention and Perceived Argumentation Strength. Published on Academia.edu
- Dokter (2018). Analyzing a Collaborative Discussion in a Dutch Classroom: Enhancing Learner Participation and Classroom Discourse. Published on Academia.edu
- Dokter, Lubbers & Schreinemakers (2017). Interrupting transportation: inquiry into the effects of forced questioning of a narrative on the experienced transportation of its readers. Published on Academia.edu
Teunis Dokter delivers
Professional information- and communication services
Management for marketing, communications and IT projects
Delivering digital products and services. Answering questions.